General

1. Reviews

Suggestions:

1. A space below every project for comments and inquiries and a contact button directly visible (below the join and follow buttons maybe?). Every comment could have a 5 star rating icon attached for readers to rate the comment.

2. A 5 star ratings near every project as well to rate the project. To submit rating, user could be prompted to leave a non-mandatory feedback/comment about the project, explaining their rating. It could be in a pop-up window asking if they want to comment on their rating...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project Images

I noticed that on Upwork.com you can add images to projects to help show them off for employers to see. I could see having some sort of way to upload a file (images are the only thing that comes to mind) that is directly accessible from a projects home page would help drive interest in a project.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I agree. We’re hoping to add the ability to upload images directly to Kicklet in the near future, as well as revamp the project page to be more engaging in the process.

In the meantime, you can still embed images and videos in your project’s page by linking to them from elsewhere. See kicklet.com/markdown/about#image-links for more details. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

3. More engagement

You're collecting some valuable data here about someone's location and skill set. As a way to drive engagement, I would recommend some sort of integration with a tech job site like stack exchange careers:
    For example: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs?searchTerm=ruby&location=london

I think (from a cursory look) there is some sort of RSS data feed there. Perhaps you could show people a list of actual jobs / internships available in their area that are filtered by their skill set. I understand that it is not the core purpose of the site, but it is a possibility if you are looking for ways to get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I think it’s a great idea to integrate career opportunities from StackOverflow into the site.

As dev resources are limited, I can’t promise when something like this will be available, but we will plan on pursuing it at some point.

Thanks again!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base